Sunday 5 August 2012

Portuguese Delicacies


I'm a happy woman when, for example,....

I receive Portuguese delicacies from my dear ones ;-))

From my goddaughter's mother:

Regina Chocolates

A sweet memory of my childhood, the most known portuguese chocolate brand.

From Prendinhas

Homemade salt mix with garlic, parsley, coriander, rosemary and thyme.

From Prendinhas

Homemade salt mix for meat (salt, oregano, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pepper seeds, powdered garlic, sweet paprika, curry and thyme)

From Prendinhas
Homemade cookies. Delicious!

From Coisas Minhas II
From my husband's cousins:

Salt with pepper;
Oregano with Onion;
Olive Oil with piri-piri;
Garlic pasta;
Paprika pasta;
Salt with Lemon;
Canned mackerel;
Sardine and Tuna Paté;
Lemon Verbena tea; 

From Coisas Minhas II
From my husband:

Alheira, a Portuguese sausage made usually with veal, duck, chicken or rabbit meat and bread. I love it!

From Coisas Minhas II
Tremoços (Lupini beans)

I especially like to eat lupini beans when watching football games on TV, like the European Championship or the World Cup.

From Coisas Minhas II

Regional bread from Setúbal. How I missed it! Absolutely delicious!

From Coisas Minhas II

Cheeses...One from Seia and other from Serpa.

From Coisas Minhas II

And also several Portuguese brandies, but that is another post ;-)

 As Amália has sung one day, this is a Portuguese house, for sure. ;-))

 

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Tem tudo tão bom aspecto mas o pão... ai que saudades de um bom pão caseiro com manteiga. Aproveita bem esses miminhos.

Presépio no Canal said...

So true, Teresa. ;-) Gosto tanto do nosso pao... ;-) Tao, tao bom!
As tortas de Azeitao é que já nao foram a tempo de serem fotografadas, bem como o bacalhau que a minha mae enviou. :-))) E uma das aguardentes tambem ja vai a caminho do fim...:-))

ana said...

Sandra,
São tão bons estes carinhos familiares, não é?
Obrigada pelos votos de boas férias. Apesar de serem mais curtas foram boas.
Beijinho. :)

Presépio no Canal said...

Oh, oh, sabem pela vida :-))

Detalhes das férias, Ana, detalhes! :-))

Espero pelos próximos posts. ;-)

Beijinhos!

Sami said...

Que sortuda!!! Adoro alheiras também e queijos, uuhhmmm!
Quando fui aos Açores mais uma vez comi imenso Queijo da Ilha apimentado, mas que delicia!
Enjoy it all!!

restlessjo said...

Such an interesting collection Sandra, but they pose me many questions.
The "salt"- do you use it in cooking or sprinkle it on, at the table? (my Polish family use something similar at the table)
Are the lupini bought dry to be soaked and cooked, or in tins?

Don't know if I would be able to identify that sausage, and there are so many cheeses. I'm never sure when I buy them if they're going to be the ones I like best or not. I love almost all cheese but not so keen on sausage.

It's fun to try so I'll look out for these when I'm there in September.

Margarida Elias said...

Podias abrir aí uma loja gourmet! Fiquei com curiosidade de experimentar o pão de Setúbal. Bjs!

Presépio no Canal said...

Sami: Queijo da Ilha tao bom!! Gosto muito! :-)

Jo: You can find Alheira in Continente supermarkets. We use the salt while cooking and the lupini beans are bought in tins. Have fun shopping in Portugal! :-) September is a wonderful month to go there (not so crowded). I was there last year in September and the weather was great!

Margarida: O pao foi comprado nas Praias do Sado e é uma maravilha. Beijinhos! :-)