Monday 5 December 2011

Pakjesavond


This evening is "Pakjesavond" or Gifts Night (Saint Nicholas Eve).
Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas) will bring some gifts for the children who have behaved properly during the year.

It's time to enjoy...

Pepernoten...

From Coisas Minhas II

Speculaas...

From Coisas Minhas II

and to receive, specially the children, a chocolate letter with the Christian name initial...

From Coisas Minhas II

...as well as a nice gift like an agenda, perhaps? ;-)

From Coisas Minhas II

I sent a package with these gifts to my goddaughter, so she can experience a little bit of Sinterklaas.
She told me that she took the perpenoten to the school and shared them with her schoolmates. 
In the end of the day, she said, there was nothing left :-))

...
We've just enjoyed this movie! Have fun! Happy Sinterklaas! :-))

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm... let´s see how good you've been this year! You have to tell us if Sinterklaas left anything in your shoe on Pakjesavond! :D
Do you think you could tell him to please leave sth for me as well, even if I am on this side of the Atlantic? :D
Beijinho!

Presépio no Canal said...

LOL!!! ;-))
Besos!!

Citizen_Stu said...

I've had enough peppernoten to last me a lifetime

Presépio no Canal said...

I can imagine ;-))